Snow Leopard users will need to do the following in order to use the ssl VPN:
1. Launch Safari in 32 bit mode (get info on Safari.app and click check box)
2. Navigate to vpn.mc.vanderbilt.edu - Make sure NetworkConnect.app is not launched before you go to URL
3. After logging in, the new client will download, install and launch but it will fail to connect (this takes several minutes)
4. Close NetworkConnect.app (Sign out of the VPN and exit)
5. Run command: sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/6.4.0/
6. Run command: sudo mkdir '/Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks'
7. Run command: sudo chmod 4711 /usr/local/juniper/nc/6.4.0/ncproxyd
8. Launch NetworkConnect.app
Once the applet has been installed and rights, etc. added, the user should be able to use https://vpn.mc.vanderbilt.edu/.
If you are having issues downloading and installing the client through the browser, you can download it here:
Mac VPN Client.
*Updated for client version 6.4.0*